We want you!
Saavi Services for the Blind is hiring an Access Technology Instructor at our Tucson AZ Campus
Do you love sunshine, the outdoors, and a melting pot of culture and entertainment? Then Arizona is the place you want to be! Living in the desert affords more than 300 days of sunshine per year, a rich cultural life, great outdoor activities, great food, and it’s a haven for sports fans with teams representing all four major professional sports leagues. There are over 200 golf courses in the Phoenix and Tucson areas. Moving to Arizona can easily prove to be one of the best decisions you’ve made in a long, long time.
Saavi has two training centers, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson with a satellite location in Yuma. Saavi uses nonvisual skills training for all ages based on high expectations in preparation for higher education, employment, and everyday living.
Our Vision: We believe in a world where blind individuals are equal contributors locally, nationally, and throughout the world, demonstrating it is not what you can see…it is what you can do.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Moving Allowance
- Health Benefits for you and your family with shared costs by Saavi (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA)
- Training and opportunities to grow
- Abundant time off including Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- We strive for work/life balance
What you will do for us:
- Provide one-on-one and small group instruction in the use of industry standard computer applications in conjunction with access technology. Focus includes speech output, low vision, Braille output, or a combination of techniques
- Facilitate worksite evaluation/modification, community workshops and community and home-based training
- Develop and ensure ongoing structure and competencies for the Access Technology component of rehabilitation
- Coordinate and facilitate the recommendations and maintenance of equipment and software provided to vocational rehabilitation clients
- Provide assistance in positive philosophy of blindness
- Attends disability and employment related meetings/groups
- Builds and maintain positive relationships with community employers
- Creates case notes for each student contact and completes monthly reports as required
- Associates Degree in Education, Social Work, or Computer-related field
- Five years’ experience using a combination of Access Technology in a work or academic setting
- Proficient and experienced in industry standard Access Technology including but not limited to: screen reading, magnification, OCR, note taking/PDA applications
- Two years’ experience teaching Access Technology to adults
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and make basic, intermediate computer and access technology repairs
- Agency training in Structure Discovery instruction
MUST BE VACCINATED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Must wear a mask.
- technology: 2 years (Preferred)
Get our newsletter.
Sign up today!