The receptionist is responsible for providing front office and reception area support.
This position contributes to Saavi Services for the Blind mission to (to cultivate growth and opportunity for blind people through nonvisual skills training; gaining the knowledge that all challenges have solutions, and fostering self-efficacy, empowerment, and confidence. This means that all hold a positive philosophy of blindness, and all contribute to the success for each student.
Reports to: Phoenix Center Director
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Opens and closes the front lobby area
- Greet clients, guest and staff and provide direction as needed.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct call, check messages.
- Sign for incoming packages and mail processing
- Maintain off calendar and send daily emails to staff.
- Facilitate room reservations.
- Preparing routine correspondence as needed to support overall success of agency.
- Prepare reports and data as needed.
- Work collaboratively in a team to support student and agency success.
- Reinforce proper cane technique and other nonvisual skills during all activities.
- Serve as a role model for students in the use of nonvisual techniques and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate respect and inclusion for all,
- Adhere to all timelines or develop reasonable alternate plans for accomplishing job tasks.
- Support student learning through incorporating braille, technology, cane travel and ILS, in all settings throughout all Saavi activities and practices.
- Ensure learning shade and cane is used at all times whilst taking part in Saavi Services for the Blind and other appropriate activities.
- Positively represent Saavi in professional development and special functions as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Two years’ experience of working as receptionist.
- Preferred experience in working in Rehabilitation Facility or with Blindness
- Associates Degree or High school diploma or equivalent
- Competency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to Prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Extremely conscientious regarding attendance
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness and a history of inclusive practices.
- Excellent verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Experience advocating for individuals and encouraging self-advocacy.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate, promote and work within a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and complete job duties with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Non-visual instruct.
- Able to positively represent Saavi Services for the Blind at professional development and special functions as needed.
- Good organizational skills
Conditions of Employment:
- Able to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness.
- Must complete internal blindness immersion training. Ability to pass a Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) background check.
- Ability to obtain an approved DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card (provided by SAAVI)
- If performing driving functions for Saavi Services for the blind, Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License. If driving SAAVI vehicles must have a clean driving record and be approved by SAAVI insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are currently wearing masks and are following the CDC guidelines for safety.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Get our newsletter.
Sign up today!