The Itinerant services Admin Assistant provides scheduling, case record support, and communications coordination for itinerant vocational rehabilitation and independent living services.
This position contributes to Saavi Services for the Blind mission to (to cultivate growth and opportunity for blind people through nonvisual skills training; gaining the knowledge that all challenges have solutions, and fostering self-efficacy, empowerment, and confidence. This means that all hold a positive philosophy of blindness, and all contribute to the success for each student.
Reports to Itinerant Services program manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sets and manages student schedules with programs and instructors throughout the state by coordinating within multiple system structures.
- Engage in telephone and email communications with student case load for follow-up and information sharing.
- Support instructors with data-entry Submission as needed for any required forms to AZ-DES on time for processing.
- Maintain student files and tracking systems for up to date and accurate information.
- Maintain an integrative approach with SAAVI’s mission and purpose.
- Work collaboratively in a team to support student and agency success.
- Reinforce proper cane technique and other nonvisual skills during all activities.
- Serve as a role model for students in the use of nonvisual techniques and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate respect and inclusion for all,
- Adhere to all timelines or develop reasonable alternate plans for accomplishing job tasks.
- Support student learning through incorporating braille, technology, cane travel and ILS, in all settings throughout all Saavi activities and practices.
- Ensure learning shade and cane is used at all times whilst taking part in Saavi Services for the Blind and other appropriate activities.
- Positively represent Saavi in professional development and special functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have familiarity with Client Record management systems.
- 3 years’ experience in administrative support.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft and have the ability to learn complex data systems for documentation required by AZ-DES.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a creative flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships and communication with staff, clients and other agencies.
- Must be able to work independently and also cooperate within a diverse team on group projects and assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness and a history of inclusive practices.
- Excellent verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence,
- Experience advocating for individuals and encouraging self-advocacy.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate, promote and work within a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and complete job duties with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Non-visual instruct.
- Able to positively represent Saavi Services for the Blind at professional development and special functions as needed.
- Good organizational skills
Conditions of Employment:
- Able to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness.
- Must complete internal blindness emersion training.
- Ability to pass a Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) background check.
- Ability to obtain an approved DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card (provided by SAAVI)
- If performing driving functions for Saavi Services for the blind, Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License. If driving SAAVI vehicles must have a clean driving record and be approved by SAAVI insurance
Get our newsletter.
Sign up today!